8 Hour Electrical Safety with NFPA 70E
June 20, 2024
Location: STEP Training Center | Time: 8:00am - 4:00pm | Duration: 8 hours
OSHA considers the National Fire Protection Agency (NFPA) document 70E as a source for the best practices for electrical safety. This training session is intended for participants who are considered "qualified." The NFPA 70E defines a qualified person as one who has skills and knowledge related to the construction and operation of electrical equipment and installation.
The latest standard (the 2024 edition) is highlighted and used to outline the changes and updated requirements. We recommend participants bring their shock and arc-flash PPE, as we work through hands-on workshops using simulated electrical equipment scenarios.
Topics for this session include:
- Electrical Safety Essentials
- Introduction to the 2024 NFPA 70E
- General Requirements
- Electrically Safe Work Conditions
- Electrical Hazards While Working
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Hands-On Training
Course Objectives Include:
- Understanding the changes in the 2024 edition of NFPA 70E
- Knowing how to extablish and verify electrical equipment is in an electrically safe work condition
- Understanding shock protection boundaries as well as the arc-flash boundary
- Knowing how to read and understand equipment labels
- Being able to select and use the appropriate personal protective clothing and equipment (PPE) for arc-flash and shock hazards
All Participants Receive the Following:
- Student manual
- Certificate of course completionClass size is limited. Register today!
(Please note that STEP reserves the right to cancel this class due to low registration.)
Need site-specific training at your facilty? Call for a quote!
8 Hour Electrical Safety with NFPA 70E - June 20, 2024
In the Quantity box, indicate the number of employees who will be attending the training. You may then enter their names into the Add a Note section of your cart when checking out.
Cancellations received thirty (30) days prior to the course starting date, the registration fee will be refunded less 20%. NO REFUNDS will be issued less than thirty (30) days prior to the seminar. STEP reserves the right to cancel any seminar if necessary no less than seven (7) days prior to the start date of the training. If this occurs, a will refund of all registration fees associated with the seminar will be issued within fourteen (14) business days.
For more information, the full version of our refund and cancellation policy can be found on our Homepage in the 'About' section.