24 Hour HazMat Technician Level
September 8-10, 20211
Location: STEP Training Center | Time: 8:00am - 4:00pm | Duration: 24 Hours
Required by OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120(q) for individuals who respond to releases of hazardous substances for the purpose of stopping and containing the release. This training includes at least 60% hands-on application exercises.
- Overview of Emergency Response Requirements
- Analyze an incident
- Collect information to use emergency response digital resources & DOT Emergency response guidebook
- Skills workshops to identify hazardous materials
- Site assessment techniques
- Incident Command System (ICS)
- Skills workshops in suiting to Level A, Level B, and Level C protection
- Monitoring and identification of unknown materials
- Respiratory protection workshops
- Set-up, layout and workshops for patient and responder decontamination
- Emergency drills implementing zone control/communication/ICS/decontamination
Training highlights involve interactive workshops and industrial-like drills. Participants must sign a statement asserting that they are medically approved to suit-up during hands-on drills and workshops.
Includes reference materials, Incident Command Officer checklist, and Emergency Response Guides. All participants will receive a certificate of training upon course completion.
Class size: limited
Want to train at your facility? Call for a quote!