16-Hour Fall Protection Competent Person
December 1-2, 2020
Location: STEP Training Center | Time: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. | Duration: 16 hours
Our two-day competent person course is designed for facility and site personnel who must also serve as the competent person required by OSHA 1926.32(f), 1926.500, and 1910 standards. Participants are assigned tasks that require evaluation for fall hazards and determination of the type of fall protection needed. The tasks are described using real-life situations. This training provides more detailed coverage than our Fall Prevention & Protection one-day course with materials following program topics. The course also supplies the participant with the knowledge and skills to perform annual inspections and record keeping.
- Overview of Fall Protection Requirements
- Fall Protection Systems
- Hazard Analysis
- Recognition of hazards
- Evaluation criteria & control measures
- Anchorage Requirements
- Fall Clearance Task Evaluation Calculation and Equipment
- Hazard Identification Practicum
- Fall Arrest Equipment - Skills Workshop
- Assessments, Fall victim, First on the scene, self-rescue, assisted rescue
- Suspension Trauma
- Facility Fall Protection Procedures
- Competent Person Equipment Inspection & Maintenance - Skills Workshop
Training highlights recent changes to OSHA's general industry walking-working surfaces.
Includes reference materials, fall protection plan outline, hazard assessment sheets, fall arrest equipment inspection form, and equipment suggestions. All participants will receive a certificate of training upon course completion.
Want to train at your facility? Call for a quote!
16-Hour Fall Protection Competent Person - December 1-2, 2020
In the Quantity box, indicate the number of employees who will be attending the training. You may then enter their names into the Add a Note section of your cart when checking out.