The OSHA Top 10 Frequent Violations list is an important tool that many professionals in the safety world can use to help determine unsafe acts and unsafe conditions in their own facility. This year we would like to use the Top 10 Frequent Violations list as a talking point to see how you as a safety professional, supervisor, or coworker are helping your team deal with some of these common issues.
OSHA’s Top 10 Violations 2018
The American Society of Safety Professionals (ASSP) has posted an article to their website stating, “OSHA has announced the preliminary Top 10 most frequently cited workplace safety violations for fiscal year 2018. Patrick Kapust, deputy director of OSHA’s Directorate of Enforcement Programs, presented the list during the 2018 NSC Congress & Expo in Houston, TX. The Top 10 for FY 2018* are:"
1. Fall Protection (1926.501)
2. Hazard Communication (1910.1200)
3. Scaffolding (1926.451)
4. Respiratory Protection (1910.134)
5. Lockout/Tagout (1910.147)
6. Ladders (1926.1053)
7. Powered Industrial Trucks (1910.178) 8. Fall Protection – Training Requirements (1926.503)
9. Machine Guarding (1910.212)
10. Eye and Face Protection (1926.102)
#10 Personal Protective and Life Saving Equipment—Eye and Face Protection